Services and fees click here.
What is Public Health?
The Madison County Health Department’s mission is to provide for and ensure the residents of Madison County an opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, disease-free life.
Various divisions and programs exist within the department to address the 10 Essential Public Health Services:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of person and population-based health services
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
Like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter!