On-Site Sewage Disposal
Application Procedure for New On-Site Disposal System Permit Requests:
- Submit written soils report from certified soil scientists (ISDH listing available upon request.)
- Complete and submit application form to MCHD. Effective April 11th 2012, an application fee of $50.00 must be submitted along with the application.
- Attach outline and/or map of property. Please include property dimensions (length and width) and proposed home location. See application for complete instructions.
- Based on soils report, MCHD will determine type and design of sewage disposal system. Applicant will receive this information in writing, after a MCHD representative has had an opportunity to visit the site. This may take a few days, depending upon weather and schedule.
- Submit installation plans (based on written requirement) to MCHD for review. This plan should be designed by the installer or his/her agent. See page 2 of application for complete instructions. Installer shall be bonded ($5,000 permit/license bond) with the MCHD.)
- Upon installation plan approval, applicant must obtain property address from Madison County Planning Commission for new home sites. Following plan approval and the office receiving a property address, applicant may purchase sewage disposal permit for $115.00. Please be reminded that the permit is valid for 120 days from date of purchase.
Public Pool Inspection
The Environmental Division at the Madison County Health Department is also responsible for public and semipublic swimming pool inspection. Any public or semipublic swimming facility in Madison County must meet the requirements of Indiana State Department of Health Rule 410 IAC 6-2.1 and the Madison County Pool Ordinance. Both the State rule and Madison County Pool Ordinance can be accessed below by clicking on the link. For a complete list of environmental fees, including existing and new pool fees (in effect June 25, 2012) click here